Vibrant Home Health Care, a Dialysis Designated Agency was created to give end-stage renal patients another treatment option in addition to “in-center”. Hospital or LTACH dialysis patients that are unable to attend an in-center facility when ready for discharge can now discharge to an SNF that is a clinical partner with our Staff Assist Dialysis program. No longer do they have to endure extended hospital stays as the can be seen immediately upon discharge at the SNF receiving their Dialysis bedside by our highly trained staff. The program is transitional in nature allowing the patient to return to the in-center when able.
BENEFITS OF SNF IN HOUSE DIALYSIS
Staff Assist In-House Dialysis for qualified patients is medically necessary as an alternative to facility in-center hemodialysis. The many advantages include the following:
- Faster initial discharge to the SNF
- Reduction in Hospital readmissions
- 1 to 1 ratio Licensed Nurse to patient promoting responsive attention to patients needs regarding comfort, safety, compliance, and outcomes
- Patient able to participate with SNF Therapy or wound care treatments
- No more transporting of patient to/from the Dialysis Center
- Faster reintegration to home
Improving patient outcomes remains a top priority for skilled nursing providers, and some SNFs have begun to see the potential benefits of offering specialized on-site services such as staff assist dialysis.